My experience with Ubuntu :

As I got tired of windows XP and Windows was very good for my taste but costs additional money also,i decided to spend my free time messing around with linux distros.I went through many distros and ultimately decided on 2 of them - Ubuntu and ....oops i forgot its name..it was in version 11.My friend and I decided to try one each.I tried Ubuntu probably because of its lesser size download.

So i booted up the CD.Installation was quite simple except for the partitioning stage.The default option was to erase all hard disk partitions and install ubuntu which is very bad indeed.I then tried manual partitioning and created a linux ext 3 partition.But it said that some root partition was missing or something.So the only way i could try it was to delete a partition and choose 'continuous free space' option.So installation was successful.

Then I was simply amazed by the desktop experience it provided.For a free OS,it was indeed great.I had some problems installing ATi video drivers but then got it working and turned on compiz fusion.The eye candy provided was exceptional.

Then i thought of installing some softwares.It had almost a ton of free apps that corresponds to all the softwares that i use in windows.I had a great time using legal stuffs rather than pirating softwares in windows.The synaptic install manager was very useful in installation purposes.

In no time i was up and working.Using all of the OS features was a breeze.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=2e2f33ee8e7dd0d45d8a784392771f5a ss_blog_claim=2e2f33ee8e7dd0d45d8a784392771f5a